Welcome to my website. Here is some information about me and my work.
I started my career as founder and director of” Sonas” Montessori School Mullingar, moving then to teaching at primary level in learning support and resource. I advanced my training by qualifying with a BA Humanities (1st hons) from NUIM with a major in Psychology and Minor in English Literature and followed this with a Dip. Play Therapy and specialised in Sensory Attachment Intervention Counselling and Parent Mentoring. More recently I qualified with a Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education and I am a tutor with UCC. I established the Midland Parenting and Child Therapy Centre in 2007 where I now practise as a Parent Mentor and Child and Adolescent Therapist and as a Practitioner in Sensory Attachment Intervention supporting the relationship between parents and children whether biological, adoptive or foster parents. I work with individuals, parent and child engagement, and families, helping to create family wellbeing and a secure base where healing takes place. I also offer training, workshops and seminars to teachers, child care workers, social workers, family support workers, and all professionals working with children and families.
Further Training to date:
- Sensory Attachment Intervention
- Attachment and Psychopathology DMM (Patricia Crittenden).
- Sand play Therapy. Rocky Mountain Institute
- CHippa Child Assessment Through Play (Karen Stagnetti).
- Responding Therapeutically to Child Sexual Abuse. (Eileen Prendiville).
- SEe FaR CBT. Beyond Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. New protocol for treatment of anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD). (Mooli Lahad).
I am a member of the Psychological Society of Ireland, British Psychological Society, Teaching Council of Ireland, Irish Association of Play Therapy and Psychotherapy and I am a founder member of the Irish Association of Relationship Mentors and Parent Matters.
Code of Ethics
I uphold the code of ethics of the above associations and I undertake extensive training, and shared vision which ensures a safe, unconditional holding for all individuals with whom I have a therapeutic relationship.”Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.”
— John Cotton Dana
Last but certainly not least, my role as a mother and as a Nan to my little grandsons has greatly influenced and enhanced my career.
Schools where I have given talks and workshops for students, parents and teachers and I have done consultation work for individual children:
- St. Colman’s School, Bellview, Mullingar
- Scoil An Linbh Iosa, Prosperous. Co. Kildare
- Loreto College, Mullingar
- Daingean National School. Co Offaly
- Mullingar Community College
- Rochfortbridge Secondary School
- St. Tola’s NS. Delvin
- Mercy Secondary School Kilbeggan
- St. Cremin’s NS. Multyfarnham
- Scoil Chlochair NS. Kilbeggan
- Scoil Bhride NS. Clara. Co Offaly
Agencies who have engaged my support: Tusla, Towards Healing, MSD
Thank you for taking the time to read through this. If you need further information, don’t hesitate to contact me.